NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Five Weeks (Seven Series #3) By Dannika Dark

Five weeks - Dannika Dark

* I was provided an eARC of this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.

OH GOD...I was looking forward to this book so much that I read it all in one sitting. Sure I finished it at 4 o'clock in the morning and it felt I had a hangover the whole next day, but I did it. It didn't disappoint one bit!

On to the story:

Isabelle (AKA Izzy) had a rough childhood. She was the only wolf kid in a cougar pack. Putting it mildly, they didn't get along. After running away, she meets Jericho and they hit it off. Then drama happens and things get misunderstood along the way and she finds a new and psycho (in my opinion that is) boyfriend.

"I finally felt like the trash Jericho had thrown away all those years ago."

Jericho, once a hardcore rocker and druggie becomes the shiny white knight every girl dreams, out of no where. In other books he was always portrayed as the no-fucks-given kind of guy and that image completely distorts in this novel. We see a different side to him. I can't say I'm disappointed though. I fell in love with him. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” - Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars By John Green). That right there is EXACTLY how I felt/fell.

"Time would never erase his mistakes, and he wished more then anything that he could go back and do it differently."

Denver (AKA Denny) didn't make much of an appearance in this novel (which was disappointing). I REALLY want to read his story. I don't really know why I became fixated on him. I blame Maizy and her cuteness.

The villain (AKA (to me) Mr. Psycho) was an AWESOME villain. I felt my blood boiling every time he appeared or someone mentioned him. If it was fiscally possible I would have killed him myself in the beginning of the book. That's how strongly I felt he needed to die. P.S. I loved the end he got C;

The only thing that bothered me in this novel was the running away and getting back together stunts Jericho and Izzy kept pulling off. OK, I understand it's not easy to find your man in a compromising position, but you knew he would never WILLINGLY do that to you. So instead of running away mad or angry, how about you wait and talk. Then you can decide if you want to be a b*tch about it and run away.

Conclusion: I want to know who Book #4 is about and I need a cover C:

Favorite Quotes:

"I'm not a delicate flower that needs to be protected from the wind. I'm a wildflower - a sunflower. Punish me with drought and heat, and I'll grow stronger."

"A child may be bigger and stringer then an ant, but he is weak when he presses his thumb on the little creature to show off his power."

"Women like men who are decisive. Your facial hair is having an identity crisis."