NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1) By Amanda Carlson

Full Blooded - Amanda  Carlson

* This is a review of the audio book.

I'm back in all my glory with my re-reading funk! So I read this book way back when it first released (ahem..2012). I remember both loving and dreading the ending. It's what made me mark Book #2 on my calendar for the following year. The problem started there.

When I finally picked up Book #2 I wasn't that into it anymore. Why, you ask? Well, it was a VERY emotional end and with a dash of a cliffhanger. I remembered the cliffhanger, but I just didn't care enough about the characters at the moment to actually put in some effort into getting more then a few chapters into book #2. I wanted to relish in my audio book frenzy and re-read/listen to series I started, but gave up on because of the almost one year gap to the following book.

I particularly love this book because of how the author portrays the society. Even though it's male dominated she still manages to create a heroine strong enough to understand it, but not submit to it. I loved the backbone that Jessica had. It's what made her an awesome heroine in my opinion. From the plot line, it seemed like karma/author didn't want Jessica happy. When it looked like things were looking up you could (being a werewolf story) almost smell karma/the author about to hit.

Rouke was fierce, loyal and fought for what he believed in. I'm still SUPER curious as to what kind of animal he is. Everyone (in the story) kept mentioning cat, but I'm not so sure. It was pure coincidence that what happened between Jessica and him happened and it was an AWESOME plot twist.

The ending was both horrific and elating. I saw something coming, but it definitely wasn't what happened. You will not guess the ending because it goes into a whole other direction then what you're expecting. I loved how original it felt. I can't wait to see what happens when she needs to fulfill the vow and what the Queen really has in mind.

The Audio Book:

I liked the Casey Holloway's voice. Though, to me, all the male characters sounded distinctly female. I kept laughing so hard when she would say "Rouke said in a low voice" and continued on with an almost girly tone. I got through it though. By the end I wasn't even noticing it anymore.