NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Insurgent (Divergent #2) By Veronica Roth

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

* Audio Book Review!

This book wasn't as good as Divergent.  If felt like the author was kind of lost in the beginning of this book. The story just moved from faction to faction and nothing happened, except for a few attacks and people betraying them. It kept going on like that until the middle-ish of the book (audiobook).

Tris's weakness was a big problem for me. In Divergent we see her grow up and become this fearless person or at least a person who faces fear head on every opportunity she gets. After the trauma that occurred in the end of Divergent I understand (in the beginning) why she gets to the point where she's at. After that, it started dragging. As a reader, you hope she'll get over it by the middle of the book and it just doesn't happen.

**Spoiler Alert**

In the original review I wanted to include ONE spoiler sentence. To view that go to the original review here C:

Tobias doesn't come out of this unscathed. As much as I love him and want Tris and him to become one I didn't really like him this time around. Their relationship falls apart and resurrects itself every 5 minutes. It got old very fast. By the end of the book, when they fought, I found myself rolling my eyes and asking,"This again? Really?".

When things started picking up at around Chapter 30-ish the book ended. It left off with a HUGE cliffhanger, which I didn't like Mrs. Roth. I intend to read/listen to Book #3 soon and re-watch the first movie so I can comment on ALL the SUPER IMPORTANT things they left behind or simply changed C:

Audiobook Review:

Emma Galvin still continues to be awesome! I learned to like her voice as Tris and have no problem whatsoever C: