NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Divergent (Divergent #1) By Veronica Roth

Divergent - Veronica Roth

* This is a review of the audiobook.

OH MY GOD...

This is SO much better then the movie! Though the movie took a lot from the book, there were some KEY aspects that were rewritten for it to work with the movie time crunch. I thought I knew what to expect from this and I still got the rug swept out from under me! It was so awesome!

Four is WAY swoon-y-er in the book. It's probably because you get an insight into what Tris is feeling and his actions and it's so sweet and....I need to stop this run on sentence now. Let me just conclude that I S2 Four and leave it at that C:

Tris is a nice girl. She's not TOO sensitive and likes to be on her own. Doesn't really mind friends, though by the end of the novel she doesn't even know if they're still alive, but that's a story for another time.

Caleb really surprised me at the end of the novel. I don't really remember if the same thing happens in the movie, but it still took my breath away. At this families' core, it'll always be blood before faction. It almost feels like that's the moral of the story.

P.S. I wasn't expecting all the self sacrificing going on in the end as well. I can't wait to start book #2.

The Audiobook:
It was nicely narrated and I didn't really mind the voice of the woman (Emma Galvin). It was cute how she did different accents for a few of the characters so I could decipher who was talking easier. Overall, I will continue to purchase audiobooks read by this woman.

Favorite Quotes:

I still haven't figured out a way to remember quotes from the book. Anyone have any ideas?