NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: The Crescent By Jordan Deen

The Crescent - Jordan Deen

Once upon a time, way back when I was 13 years old, I thought this was the BEST book ever written. I don't agree with my 13 year old self anymore. Maybe I used to like books with frustrating heroines that couldn't make up her damn mind, but not anymore.

I lost count of how many times I wanted to break my phone in half because of how indecisive Lasey was. One moment she loves Alex and the next "oh Brandon can't die because of me" and after that "oh well, who cares! Certainly NOT me!". That got old by the first half of the book.

I really disliked how she just threw around the L word (Love). Maybe it's just me, but the way I see it you LOVE your family, you LOVE your dog, you DON'T LOVE the guy you know for about 2 weeks.

The guys (Alex & Brandon) were so pushy and domineering. She had to do this and that and had to 'please' them. URGH....What century are you living in? She doesn't have to pick anyone, nor does she have to 'please' them.

The story was nicely narrated and the writing was easy to get into and follow (if you ignore Lasey and her whirlwind of emotions, confusion and naivety) it's truly a wonderful book. I really wanted to agree with my 13 year old self, but it just couldn't happen. Maybe it's because I already have an idea of what I want a heroine to be like in a book and this book just doesn't represent that anymore.

Favorite Quotes:

No favorite quotes for this novel. It was just so frustrating that I actually got carried away in getting mad and forgot to highlight while I was reading C: