NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Breathe - Abbi Glines Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

I'm a little biased reviewing this book. I'm a huge Abbi Glines fan and have read two other trilogies by her and I S2 them! I don't think I can write a critical review on this book because I just love Abbi's books in general. But let me give it a try.

I really love the idea of a rock star falling for a not-in-his-world girl. It's really impossible to actually work out in reality, but it's fun to read about anyway. That's why it's called fiction, am I right?

I liked Jax for his easy going, don't have a care in the world attitude towards life in general. It really contrasted with Sadie's sad excuse for a reality. Having a pitiful excuse of a mother, a brother or sister on the way and having to work to maintain the household alone is not an easy job. It's refreshing that Sadie found someone to take care of her and help in anyway she needed.

I'm not a big fan of love triangles (OK I HATE them), but this novel did try and create one. Thank the author that the other guy up and walked off.

The only big issue I had with this novel was the lack of contractions in the dialogue. Due to that, it came across as forced and awkward. I found myself substituting the "We will"'s for "We'll" mentally, which gets tiring at some point.

Favorite Quotes:

"If you were mine, I would never let you go".

"I swear if I catch one guy ogling you. he is going to be able to tell the world he got his ass kicked by Jax Stone".

"Back up, boy, and give her some breathing room. She didn't just give birth. her mama did".