NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Branded (Sinners, #1) - Abi Ketner,  Missy Kalicicki Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

* I won a copy of this book in a Raffle.

I must applaud these authors for making me like a book that's totally out of my genre of choice. I have a pretty strong opinion on dystopian books. The only aspect of it that I actually like would be the future world building. Except that authors tend to make it so out of this world that it becomes unbelievable to a point my brain will just shut down and I feel like ripping up the book. Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it has to be fake and meaning less.

I liked the concept of this because it reminded me of [b:Sweet Evil|11808950|Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)|Wendy Higgins|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1337613719s/11808950.jpg|16762455]. Not because it's a copy or anything like that. It's because it mentions the 7 Sins, but other then that each book has it's world building, characters, etc.

I really loved Lexi and Cole as a couple. She's the stereotypical abused heroine who finds a prince and becomes strong to fight for what right in the end. He's the understanding, respectful, all around american guy stereotype. They complement each other at all angles. It's pretty sweet actually. Lexi did push him around a lot and wasn't as understanding as he was toward her. In the beginning, she had this annoying attitude toward him and a situation with her absentee brother (I thought she was an ungrateful B with an itch at that point in the story).

The only character the really got on my nerves would be her brother, Keegan. I would use words like: cold-hearted, rude and un-respectful to describe this piece of man (that is if he even deserves the title of being called a Man). I can't really say much or I'll give a good chunk of the story away and that wouldn't do this book justice.

Favorite Quotes:

"What? You didn't realize you have the greatest dog to walk this earth?"

"The past or the future... What to do when I love both?"

"Even if it was only for a day, an hour, or a minute - I would risk everything just so I could be with you."