NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Scorched Treachery (Imdalind Series) (Volume 3) - Rebecca Ethington Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

I am truly disappointed with how this book turned out. I was expecting the story to continue from where it left off, but all I got was a lot of background story on Wyn (which I really didn't need to understand the book). I would have been happier if the author had written a Novella on Wyn's story, which I would not have read and carried on in the book. When the continuation finally started off where I wanted it too I was on the second to last chapter and they flew by too fast.

The only story that matters to me is Ilyan's and Joclyn's story. I don't want to know how Ryland passed the 2 weeks Joclyn was out and what happened to Wyn and Talon at the same period of time. I found myself skimming all of Wyn's chapters and even Ilyan's chapters as well since I already had an idea of what was going on at the time I didn't need him to recap all of that from his point of view.

I absolutely love damsels in distress who then become strong and save the world in a storyline. That's was I was expecting when I started this book considering the cliffhanger in book 2. All I got was a copy of book 2 in other characters perspectives.

In my opinion, the author could have easily continued where book 2 left off and have Joclyn's visions explain what had happened to Wyn, Talon, Ryland and Sain or she could have had Sain explain everything to Ilyan who could then would pass the information onto the reader (in this case Joclyn's point of view). Anyhow, I will be eagerly anticipating book 4 and wishing the storyline moves forward from there.

Favorite Quotes:

"She loves him Ryland. Joclyn loves Ilyan more than she loves you. What are you going to do about it?"

"Without question, he had proved that to me again and again. No, he was love because I loved him".

"I love you, and I will always protect you".