NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

The Wrong Girl: Book 1 of the 1st Freak House Trilogy (Volume 1) - C.J. Archer Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

* I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I usually don't like books that take place anywhere before the 21st century. For some reason, I actually liked the premise of this book. I started off thinking this book was going to be a long read and a very dull one at that since it takes place somewhere in the 17th maybe 18th century. I was very surprised when I couldn't put it down. The character's felt so real and the story, though a bit confusing, was good to read.

In the synopsis it explains "The problem is, they think she's the earl's daughter. What will they do when they discover they took the wrong girl?". I was not expecting what happened to happen. I mean, if they have the wrong girl it would be logical to kill her and kidnap the right one wouldn't it? Well that doesn't happen. Something even better does, which I can't comment on.

I have a huge problem with liars so it's obvious that I disliked Jack and Mr. August Langely (especially Mr. Langely). He has an annoying habit of leaving everyone in the dark even though it's something that not knowing could get them killed and he answers questions with other questions or my favorite: "I don't know. You'd have to ask ______ that question".

On a side note: I had a difficult time understanding what Patrick was saying since apparently he has an accent of some kind. Until I figured out all you had to do was substitute an "h" before the apostrophes I had missed half the conversation.

This book left A LOT of questions unanswered. I can't even hint at them because then I'd be giving away some big spoilers and I know how everyone hates those. I'll be looking forward to book 2, maybe I'll get to answer some of those questions.

Favorite Quotes:

"Clever people can do foolish things".

"Perhaps you ought to keep us all apprised of the villans you've fallen out with, Mr. Langley".