NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Spartan Frost - Jennifer Estep Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

* I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I've been a fan of this series since the beginning. It's also a plus that I really like Gwen and Logan as a couple. It was really nice to get inside Logan's head in this novella for a change. He proved that he's as hard on the outside and just as caring on the inside. Though it didn't get into his love for Gwen, he did mention how he cared about her and was scared to see her again after the incident in the ending of book 4.

Like every book in this series the only complain I have would be the repeating of key details. I am a fan of the series wouldn't it be calling me dumb by repeating every sordid detail every time it came up in the story? For example the story behind Logan's sadness came out around book 2 or 3 and it's already book 5 coming out, don't you think that's a key enough detail for me NOT to forget? Don't even get me started on what type of magic every character in the series has. It's OK to mention it once in the beginning or even make a chart at the end of the book or after the index, but mentioning it every 30 pages or so gets tiring to say the least.

Overall, very good novella. I will be looking forward to the next book.

Favorite Quotes:

"I didn't want to talk to the Reapers- I just wanted to kill them".

"Agrona wasn't going to hurt anyone else that I cared about. Never again, I vowed (...)".