NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Hail No (Hail Raisers #1) By Lani Lynn Vale

Hail No (Hail Raisers Book 1) - Lani Lynn Vale

I've read a few other books by this author and I like her writing style. However, when the subject is this book all I can say is that it didn't do it for me. I had too many problems with who the characters were as a whole (personality wise) that made me despise so much of story.

Kennedy was a pushover and I learned to hate her halfway through the book. I don't understand why she would bend over backwards to help people that were obviously using her for their benefit only. By the end, she seemed to have learned her lesson and developed a backbone, but that was too late for me.

Evander started out being a misunderstood guy that the whole town seemed to love to hate. He's been to prison for a crime he didn't commit and at first, I thought he was very well adjusted with it all. Around the last ten chapters of the novel, he did a 180 on his mood and how he treated Kennedy. He became overbearing and domineering. I also don't understand how "I want babies with you" is the ultimate declaration of love according to the heroine.

The romance started off as a slow burn, which was what kept me interested in the story. Halfway through the book, the relationship was established and then it felt like the author started scrambling for another plotline. The vengeance storyline was resolved way too easily and had no suspense considering these are standalone novels and the book was almost ending.

My Favorite Quotes:

"My level of sarcasm has gotten to the point where even I don't know whether I'm kidding or not."

"Don't break anybody's heart. They only have one. Break bones instead. They have two hundred and six."

"Second best was what I always seemed to be, yet never wanted to experience."