NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Lust (Vegas Nights #2) By Emma Hart

Lust - Emma  Hart

I think my expectations made me stick my foot in my mouth where this novel is concerned. I was expecting something a little bit darker and life or death driven than what I got. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen and nothing drastic ever did. Everything fell into place way too perfectly and that didn't make for an out-of-this-world story.

I liked Perrie as a character. She was doing what she had to, to provide and protect her daughter. I can't blame her for the decisions she made. I loved her sassy retorts and how she didn't beat around the bush in conversations.

Adrian was a nice guy overall. He took pity on her when they first met and things seemed to work out too perfectly from there. I would have liked to see something unexpected happen to force the characters to deal with an emotion other than the cliché I-want-you-but-I-can't-have-you bulls*it.

I usually stay away from novels that have kids in them, but I decided, early on, to trudge forward with this one. This wasn't an exception to my so-called "rule". The kids were around 7 or 8 years old and in some conversations seemed much older (because of the vocabulary usage) or much younger.

Overall, this was a nice story but it wasn't incredible. One thing I will mention that started getting to me was all the grammatical errors. I can usually overlook grammar, but I was finding mistakes (miswritten words, sentences missing words to show the action being performed by the character to make everything make sense, etc.) that were pulling me out of the story because I had to stop and think about what was written.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Payback was a b*tch. So was I when I wanted to be."

"Some things n life were meant to be kept close to your chest. My life was an entire deck of cards meant to be played closely to myself."

"Things don't happen just because you want them to."