NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Gaslight (Crossbreed #4) By Dannika Dark

Gaslight - Dannika Dark

This book broke me in so many ways. I don't think I could articulate how much I loved and despised this book. This was one of those books where I thought I could see a plot twist coming, but in reality, I was just scratching the surface and what would eventually come to be was much more devious than my imagination could come up with. The author did a fantastic job on this novel (and this series)! Her writing and story building keep getting better with every book.

When I finally thought that Raven had concurred all the evils in her world and could possibly look forward to being happy in Keystone with Christian this book happened. Towards the end, it felt like Raven reverted back to her old self and I'm not sure how I feel about that when she seems as bloodthirsty as ever. When the ultimate plot twist happened (around 4 hours to the end of the audiobook), I was sure things were going to fall apart and I hated every single minute of it.

Christian proved his love so many times in this novel. He was so understanding when things were so bleak. Even though it could have possibly been Raven's decision (the memory plot twist), he was still willing to stay by her side and help her in any way he could. For almost every scene involving Christian after that, I could feel a little piece of my heart breaking off.

The secondary characters in this novel/series felt just as real and developed as the main characters. I would love to have even more of a glimpse into their lives. It looks like Shepard's and Niko's stories are slowly being introduced. I hope Shepard's story gets resolved in the next book so I can at least get some closure.

Though this novel ended with a faint light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel, we were left with too many questions and not enough answers. I'd also like to mention that this novel would have been even better appreciated (detail wise) had I been reading this series back to back. The next novel can't come soon enough!

The Audio Book:

The narrator was great! All the voices were believable. Nicole Poole has a nice range of male and female voices with and without accents.