Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Winter Moon (Seven #7.5) By Dannika Dark

Winter Moon - Dannika Dark

It looks like I missed a few important events by not finishing 'One Second', but that isn't going to make me go back and try to push through it for the third time. I adored the small tidbits this novella provided in past stories and the beginnings of one or two.

I loved getting insight into Trevor and William. In the series, they were always in the background. This novella was great because it "checked up" on so many people. It wasn't anything set in stone, but it was something I had been waiting for for the past few books and it finally happened.

This novella also got me interested in a possible Lakota spin-off series. He seems sweet and capable. Though I'm not sure I'm a big fan of Melody, considering her brilliant idea of going to look for a cat in a snowstorm close to nightfall.

The one thing I wish I did know the details of was the Ben situation. After what happened in Wheeler's story (Book #5 in this series) I thought that was the last I'd ever see of him. I don't think he deserves a happy ending and I'm not quite sure how to deal with him and the situation.

In conclusion, I liked this not quite "ending" to this series. It was sweet and almost every character seems to have a purpose or a possible story to tell in the future if the author so chooses. This was a great series and I can't wait to continue reading novels by this author!

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! Though the men seemed to have very similar voices but considering they're brothers it's something I expected. I've listened to a few of their individual stories and they do sound similar all around. It just makes it tricky in this novella because, for the most part, there are usually 2 or 3 brothers together at all times in most scenes.