NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Forever Stardust (Tangled Realms #1.5) By Jessica Sorensen

Forever Stardust - Jessica Sorensen

* This review contains a few minor spoilers for this story.

My expectations weren't too high for this novella and that's probably what saved it from ending up a DNF. I liked how the story started out in the first book of this series, but this one was just a rushed and disjointed series of coincidences.

I liked Legend, but I can't overlook the fact that he "found" star by refusing a "trade" which had consequences an ancient vampire, as he calls himself multiple times in this novella, should have seen coming.

Star wasn't around enough for me to get to know her. We're informed, by her, of the trauma she's gone through,  how her mother is somewhat at fault for it and her current circumstances. Other than her miraculous survival at the end and her power there isn't much to say about her. She'll probably have a big role in the next few books because of the storyline she's so intricately a part of. I'd like to see more of her.

I don't like that the author relied on sheer luck to pull this story together. There should have been better planned twists and turns to get Legend to that castle. This story feels like a rushed cop-out, but for the purpose of moving the overall storyline along and giving the reader an "origin" story for Star, I can't say I hated it.

My Favorite Quotes:

"The only thing to see in life is darkness and light. Nothing else exists or matters."

"I just wish I were completely free."