NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Forever Violet (Tangled Realms #1) By Jessica Sorensen

Forever Violet - Jessica Sorensen

This was a surprisingly enjoyable novel. I can't put into words as to why I went into this book apprehensively. I've been in a book slump as of late so due to that circumstance I've been DNFing books left and right. I'm glad this was an exception.

Mild Spoilers Ahead

I like Lake overall, but towards the end she, all of a sudden, gets a death wish that gets repetitive and annoying in the long term. I'd also like to point out how easily she controls her flower-power. There's an event towards the end of the novel in which she manages to save herself and a few others by controlling vines and what not. My problem is that up to that point she had only mentioned "practicing control" with small flowers in fields.

End Of Spoilers

(show spoiler)

Jules was one of the brighter characters in this novel. He's smart, sweet and caring, but ruthless when push comes to shove. He was one of the more sane character's and I appreciated his presence overall.

I guessed/saw most of the "twists" coming from miles away, which was disappointing when I was finally proved right. I like stories that keep me guessing and unfortunately, this was not one of those stories. I liked it nonetheless, but I wasn't blown away by it. The next novel (based on the last few pages of this one) seems to be Legends story and I can't help but be excited about it.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Emotional scars, they take time [to heal]. Sometimes more than physical wounds."

"(...) cruelty exists everywhere."

"[We're] running from the past and chasing a future I hope we can find."