Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Bennett (Uncompromising #4) By Sybil Bartel

Bennett - Sybil Bartel

Though things started off rocky (in the first book) this series has grown on me and I'm loving every minute of it. The authors writing and narrating style has gotten better with every novel. I liked how this story was structured.

I don't remember Bennett being introduced in the last few books in this series, though that could be because he belongs in one of the other intertwined series by this author. I can't say I'm mad about it though. I liked how willing to talk things out he was and his level of rationality.

I liked how the heroine was trained in karate and how headstrong she seemed to be with everyone except her brother. On a completely separate note, I started out sympathizing with her, but I ended up getting tired of her waterworks. I can understand (to a point) the amount of tears considering what happened to her and the situation she was left in. If every small detail makes you cry, shouldn't you eventually try and get help or talk it out with someone?

My one criticism should be taken with a grain of salt because it's mostly a personal preference: Would it kill someone to write in a condom in some part of the story? Why was it that the talk of babies was brought up even before they were officially together? Why does everything revolve around having kids? It can't be only me with this rationale.

Favorite Quotes:

"I wasn't losing hope. I'd lost it."

"She'd made me want to be better. She'd made me want to become someone that she'd be proud of."

"Everything I'd ever wanted was slipping away before I had a chance to grab onto it."