NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy #3) By Annette Mari3

Immortal Fire - Annette Marie

This is the first book in years that has made me shed actual tears. The ending was absolutely perfect. Annette Marie's ability to weave a story is stunning. Her ability to provoke such strong emotions with fictional characters is incredible. I'm SO glad I gave this series a chance.

Emi continues to be strong and fierce in this novel. The story moves at a steady pace. Though I will say, some things come way too easy for her and fell into place a little bit too perfectly. I was so invested in the characters and the story that I simply chose to overlook those details.

Shiro proved to be as deceiving and conniving as his reputation said he'd be, but in a good way. He saved Emi on pure luck and that made the moment that much more gut-wrenching. I adore Shiro.

I'm SO glad I was wrong on all my conspiracy theories. I was hoping that everything would be okay for everyone (especially Emi), but I didn't see that coming and I loved it! I can't say enough good things about the ending. It was so sweet to finally think that after all of his extended lifetimes Shiro would finally know happiness and it all started because of a girl in the woods that he helped.

The Audio Book:

The narration was very good, though there were times when I couldn't tell the difference between male characters because the voices were so similar and talking consecutively. Though it was my own fault, I did get lost on what characters were who. The narration, at times, didn't help with my confusion. I would recommend audio books narrated by Emily Woo Zeller considering half the problem was my own fault.