NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: One Foot In The Grave (Night Huntress #2) By Jeaniene Frost

One Foot in the Grave - Jeaniene Frost

I can't put into words how much I love this series! This is my second time reading this novel in particular and it's just as good as when I first picked it up quite a few years ago.

Cat seems to have left her goody two shoes behind in the last novel. This time around she's an incredible fighter and tries not to take sh*t from anyone. Especially her mother (which is still as annoying as ever). I dislike how she still manages to keep her half baked "plans" from Bones because all it does is cause uncomfortable situations.

I like Bones. He'll take names and drop bodies in no time and still protect Cat to the best of his ability. He's sweet in a completely violent way and it suits the story.

The ending felt abrupt and out of place. I would have preferred the next novel start out with the Dave situation. It would be a mild cliffhanger, but, for me, it would be small enough to not make anyone angry. Overall, this was a fantastic novel and very well written.

The Audio Book:

I still haven't gotten over how high pitched and strange Bones voice is. I love the story and I have no problem with anyone's voice other than Bones. I like british accents as much as any other person, but why does it have to be so high pitched? With that as an exception, the rest of the narration was very good.