NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Halfway To The Grave (Night Huntress #1) By Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost

It feels so good to reread a series that you love. I've been in a reading slump lately and one of the few things that will help me get out of it is rereading books that I know I adore. This series has officially stood the test of time. I would go so far as to consider it a classic of the urban fantasy/vampire genre.

I love Cat for her witty retorts and her stubborn streak. She's one of the first heroine's that I had the pleasure of meeting. She still manages to stand out today (several hundred books down the line). Though I still don't agree with her withholding important information from Bones, I can understand why.

Bones is incredible. Though he can come off as quite a jerk, I warmed up to him and his dry humor pretty quickly. I liked how the author portrayed the lengths he'd go to protect, help and save Cat as the book progressed. Though his voice in the audio book rubbed me the wrong way, I did eventually get used to it.

I still dislike the ending, but I know the adventure is only getting started. This whole series is written so well. I wished it had gone on for longer than seven books.

The Audio Book:

I enjoyed Tavia Gilbert's narration, but her voice for Bones still leaves something to be desired for me. His pitch is unusually high for a guy that it threw me for a loop. I did, eventually, get "used" to it but it still bothers me.