NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC #1) By Kylie Hillman

Seizing Control - Kylie Hillman

When I picked up this novel I was expecting something dark, just not as dark as this started off with. I'll readily admit that I skimmed through the first half of this novel because I just couldn't take it. It was so well written that it was giving me anxiety just thinking of being in that situation.

However, what gave me pause was how incompetent the MC seemed to be at protecting Madelaine and everyone else in her family in the first place. How does a guard go missing and hours after no one has heard from him no one thinks something is wrong? Why not make it clear to the bullheaded heroine that she's in danger once again? Those types of secrets were bound to blow up in everyone's faces.

Madelaine started off as a very strong willed and stubborn character. I started to like her, but after her overreaction to a small mistake Mikhail had made she lost my respect. If it wasn't for the dreaded epilogue Mikhail would still have my respect as well. I can't, for the life of me, understand what the heck he was thinking when he did that.

I didn't understand how Bbrenden had the amount of power that he had. I don't think it's ever said that it was based on money. How did he get another MC to break a four year truce because of a girl and, in theory, more power, and risk 'war'? The ending was a bit of a stretched out miracle, but I was ready for it to be over with by that point.

Overall this was a very well written and anxiety provoking novel. My dislike of both main protagonists made it so I didn't enjoy the novel as much. I may pick up the other novels in this series in the future.

My Favorite Quotes:

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you. - Unknown"

"Should have, could have, would have. They are dangerous thoughts. We are never going to know what might have been."