NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Impulse (Mageri #3) By Dannika Dark

Impulse - Dannika Dark

The story and world building is so good. It's disappointing that the main character ruins it all. This series seems to be going downhill for me because I dislike Silver and Logan so much.

When will Silver learn some common sense and start looking out for herself instead of just ignoring orders, that keep her safe, on a whim? I understand that following rules/orders can be a burden and it can often cause the opposite effect, but wouldn't you expect her to value her own life above her pride? I've lost count of the amount of times (during this series up to this point) that Silver has put herself or someone else in danger just because she couldn't stay put for 15 minutes. How does Justus or anyone for that matter still trust her? Everyone gushes over her and it's gotten old. She isn't a special snowflake....scratch that. In this novel, surprise surprise, we discover that she is in deed a special snowflake.

Logan doesn't have much going for him in my eyes either. He's domineering, controlling, is a walking cliché and has anger management issues that are disguised by his 'chitah' nature. I don't know about you, but that list doesn't describe a guy who's ready for a relationship. I don't care that it's in his 'nature'.

I really enjoy Justus as a character. I hope that he eventually gets a happily ever after. The few enjoyable parts in this book were scenes with him (ex: the car scene (which was hilarious), the ending sad scene, the violent garage scene). I also loved Christen and he also had very entertaining parts in this story.

Overall, my dislike of the heroine and her love interest is taking away from the story. This series has become like a car crash to me: I simultaneously want to look away and keep watching it happen in all it's gore. It still boggles my mind that the same author that wrote such powerful and intricate heroines in other novels, wrote this impulsive and idiotic character.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great. I had no problem with it whatsoever. I could easily differentiate the voices for each character.