NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Tempting Raven (Curse Of The Vampire Queen #1) By Jessica Sorensen

Tempting Raven - Jessica Sorensen

I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. It started off very typical with the main character pulling the woe-is-me card and having no friends. What happened after that blew everything out of the water. Though I would love it if the author had gotten this book through a few more rounds of editing.

I liked Raven. She's the type of character that I see myself in if I were ever in her shoes. She's suspicious and questions everything. She wants explanations for (what seem to be) very simple and straightforward questions. I love that she doesn't give up. Her attitude and sassy remarks made her all the more likable in my eyes.

Rhyland almost won me over, but the cryptic conversations that Raven overheard and his avoidance of what should have been easy to answer questions got old very fast. He also seemed to read her mind during a few scenes (let me point out that he specifically stated that he doesn't have that ability). He was overall cagey and his brother didn't help matters in the slightest.

By the end, I was already putting a few pieces together and had somewhat of an inkling to what could have been happening. Even though I ended up being wrong, it was even better than I imagined. I want to know if what happened in that ending is what made Rhyland bully Raven when they were younger? Can she actually trust him? These questions are circling my mind and I want the answers to them.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I'm all jokes and sarcasm."

"(...) My future, which felt like it had finally just started, is no longer mine."

"And Fate knows what it's doing (...)"