NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Eternal Kiss Of Darkness By Jeaniene Frost

Eternal Kiss of Darkness - Jeaniene Frost

What an incredible book this continues to be. This is my first reread of 2017 and I can't believe this has held up to the test of time. I shouldn't doubt this authors talent when it comes to her Night Huntress and spin off series.

I enjoyed how kickass and snarky Kiara was. There was never a dull moment with her around. She also stood up for things she believed in and usually won those arguments.

I was on the fence about Mencheres for a long time before this book came out. I'm glad I gave it a chance in 2010. It changed my perspective on quite a few characters. I liked how protective he was of Kiara without overdoing it. When they had a disagreement he would fight her with rational thought and well formulated sentences. He never once pulled the alpha card.

I wish this wasn't a standalone because I would love to know more about Mencheres. I once read somewhere that this author does plan on writing more books for the characters in her Night Huntress series. That'll have to tide me over.

The Audio Book:

The narration was overall very good. I will say though that the narrator's voice for Bone's really REALLY ticked me off because it was so high pitched and warped. One other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how Vald's name was pronounced. I've watched enough movies to get used to that name being pronounced a certain way. It threw me off completely.