NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Moon Tortured By McKenzie Hunter

Moon Tortured (Sky Brooks Series Book 1) - McKenzie Hunter

* This review is of the 85% of the book that I read/listened to.

What a long winded book. I'm still at a loss as to how static this book felt. I couldn't take it anymore after about 85% and ended up DNF-ing. There were a few times where I enjoyed the story, but for the most part nothing seemed to happen and the story went in circles.

The heroine had a few moments of 'wow she's awesome', but would go back to being an idiot and pitying herself 2 pages later. I also didn't understand the dynamic she had with Ethan. One moment it was leaning toward romantic and the next they hated each other. This book seemed very young YA if it wasn't for a few lines where she commented on how attractive people were. Maybe it's just me but I was under the impression that there was going to be somewhat of a love interest.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Ethan was the possible romantic interest (if there was one). That being said, I didn't like him. He would go off on tangents of violence, but a few minutes later he would be sweet. He made it impossible for me to trust his motives. His brother (Josh?) was a little better, but the heroine made me dislike him too.

Every character in this novel felt underdeveloped. It felt like I had to be on my toes, waiting for something to happen (which, up until the point I read, never did). At the same time I could predict everything that happened (especially the idiotic running away in the middle of the night parts).

The Audio Book:

There was nothing wrong with the narration. Jorjeana Marie did a fantastic job. My problem was only with the story.