NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: ECHO Campaign (Isolation #2) By Taylor Brooke

Echo Campaign - Taylor Brooke

* An eARC was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

This was a very enjoyable read and the next book seems like it'll pack a punch. That's probably my expectations speaking, but with the way it ended I can't help but speculate. I'll only know if that's a good thing or bad thing when I get my hands on the next book in this series.

I adore Brooklyn as a character. She's the right amount of protective mother hen and badass. It seemed she was much more emotional this time around and I can't say I disliked it. It made her more human when compared to the rest of the gang.

All the side characters were very involved in this novel and I applaud the author for that. Though I did find myself getting lost in character names and physical appearances a few times. I will confess that I don't necessarily like jumping around in different character point of views, but I can admit that it did work for this story. Without all the jumping around half the story would be a mystery and there would be no point to it all.

The plot twists that happened in this novel were very strategically planned out and I loved every second of it. One of the twists that threw me for a loop was the one involving Porter. I still don't know what to think and I can't help but feel that I'm missing something.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Danger's been my middle name for the last two years."

"Time is a social construct. We don't get to decide what happens, but sometimes we get to decide when."

"Better is a strong word, but I'm getting there."