NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Audio Book Review: Vampire Girl By Karpov Kinrade

Vampire Girl - Karpov Kinrade

This was a very nice average novel. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it wasn't perfect by any means. I liked the overall plot line, but I hated how clueless the heroine was and how everyone seemed to know something she didn't (especially in the beginning of the story).

I liked how the author portrayed Arianna as witty and sassy, but that's about all that I liked about her. I didn't like how she could do no wrong and the number of times the rug was swept from under her. I also didn't understand how a small girl who was trained in sword fighting all of 3 weeks could take down 3 huge fae men almost by herself. I'm all for girl power, but I want it to seem believable even if it's a fictional world.

I have a love/hate relationship with Fen. I loved him in the beginning of the book. I also liked that he helped Arianna train in sword fighting and didn't say anything when she got a job. Though every time he would give her the cold shoulder for no apparent reason, I would start to think less of him.

The ending could have been better. I understood that it was against the 'Council's' laws, but he was the only one willing to help and protect her. Why would he willingly risk that? It would have been better if he had had an eating frenzy and almost killed her and then have that ending occur.

The Audio Book:

I enjoyed Laurel Schroeder's rendition of the audio book, but I despised the two chapters read by Joel Froomkin. It doesn't have anything to do with him or the actual reading. My problem is that I can't stand audio books read by men. I never know when the girl is talking because it sounds the same and I can't relax while listening. Other then that, it was awesome!