NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Hunt By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Hunt (The Grizzly Brothers Chronicles Book 1) - Alyssa Rose Ivy

Painfully neutral is the only way I can describe how I feel about this book, which is beginning to become a theme with books by this author. I enjoy her writing style and the plot wasn't bad, but I still can't bring myself to love this book.

I very much enjoyed Mara as a character. I liked that she was headstrong, took everything into consideration and that she didn't jump into anything on a whim. Being in her head while she was questioning herself over Ian, for example, was very entertaining. I also liked that she didn't get on the mate bandwagon after a full two days of meeting Ian.

Ian was your basic shifter: possessive, arrogant and all around nice guy until you made him angry. I don't consider him anything special and I didn't necessarily dislike him, but he wasn't very memorable.

When things were finally picking up and getting interesting the book ended. I don't consider it a major OMG-I'll-Die-If-I-Don't-Know-What-Happens-Next cliffhanger because I wasn't really connected to the characters. I won't lose any sleep over it, is the conclusion I've come to. I will be picking up the next book just for the 'fun' of it when it gets released. I'd also like to mention that I would like to see a spin off of some kind for Ian's brothers and what happens when they get mated.

My Favorite Quotes:

"There is something soothing and healing about silent, dark nights."

"I didn't believe in luck; I believed in fate. It was both far more  dangerous and far more believable."

"Love can come in a lot of different packages."