NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Chaos Rises (Chaos #1) By Pippa Dacosta

Chaos Rises: A Veil World Urban Fantasy - Pippa DaCosta

* I received an eARC from the author in exchange of an honest review.

Mrs. Dacosta has done it again. I adored this book. This book left me with so many emotions that it may take a while to sift through. I felt like I was being bombarded by every twist and turn of the plot. Yet, at the same time, I felt like I was running around in circles the entire book and loving every minute of it.

I liked how unstable Gem (AKA Gamma) seemed to be. In The Veil series, it's said that the Institute's 'experiment half bloods' are unstable, be it power wise or mentally. I liked how it was written. Gem's unhinged and volatile nature came off very distinctly throughout the novel.

Torrent started out so fierce and 'easy going', but ended up seeming just as cold and heartless as every other demon Gem encountered. I understood the reasoning behind it, because if I were betrayed and tortured that many times in an apocalyptic world you can bet I would eventually get to a state of mind where no fucks would be given. Even so, I want them together. Their powers are almost complementary to each other and the chemistry is there. I hope Gem can help him in some way.

The ending was so awesome and yet so heartbreaking. I loved what happened to Allard because he totally got what he deserved. With Gem, for a few seconds, I actually thought that things were going to work out, but I should have known that the author would strike. Even though things weren't perfect they could be fixed with time. Then all of a sudden Torrent happens and things seem to go right back to square one.

My Favorite Quotes:

"They'd made me their weapon. Now watch me work."

"They didn't yet know that chaos can't be controlled."

"If they wanted me to rise, so be it. I'd rise, and I'd do exactly what I was made to do: kill them."