NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Ash (Hive Trilogy #1) By Jaymin Eve & Leia Stone

Ash (Hive Trilogy Book 1) - Leia Stone, Jaymin Eve

The premise of this novel seemed amazing, but half way through it I realized something was missing and even after finishing this novel I still can't put my finger on it. I wanted to love this book, but it just didn't happen and it wasn't for lack of trying.

I liked Charlie's spunk and how she fought for what she believed was right. Her path wasn't easy and with help from a few friends she made along the way she came through to the other side in one piece. I didn't really think that she and Ryder had chemistry in the first half of this novel.

Ryder was like a stone in all aspects for most of this book. It was only around 80% that he seemed to show actual human emotions. By then it seemed a little too forced for me, considering that the author made Charlie seem like the only one interested and childish toward him in the beginning. Overall he did eventually win me over, but I'm still skeptical.

I enjoyed this novel, but I didn't love it. I'm not sure I want to continue on in this series, but the ending made the thrill level kick into high gear, so I will consider it.

The Audio Book:

My only problem with this audio book are the male voices because they sounded very feminine to me. I would appreciate Dara Rosenberg (narrator) taking the male voices in another direction.