NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes #3) By Aly Martinez

Fighting Solitude (On The Ropes Book 3) - Aly Martinez

I can't even begin to express how much I adore this series. Every single book in this series has made me cry at least one time while reading. All the books are so emotionally potent that I'm at a loss for words.

Mrs. Martinez has a way with her writing, that even something as boring as a backstory to her main characters becomes interesting along the way. It also blows my mind how she got me (as a reader) to care so much about a character who was eventually going to be gone by the first chapter.

Quarry (AKA 'Q') is incredibly stubborn and tries to live how he wants to live. As stubborn as he is, he's also loyal and caring to a fault. He will do anything and everything in his power, if it means harm will not to come to those he loves.

Liv is a traumatized little girl who's feisty and stands up for herself. She had it rough in the first few years of her life and even though everything turned around the trauma is still there. The amazing thing is that she doesn't let it hold her back from experiencing life and love.

I hope this isn't the last book in this series (even though it REALLY felt like the end because of all the different point of views in the last chapter of this novel). I enjoy Mrs. Martinez's writing and will probably be picking up some of her other books in the near future.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Our happy lives were nothing more than a gentle melody that lulls you into a nightmare."

"Every single day, I smiled. Every single day, I lived. Every single day, I laughed."

"Reality didn't seem like the right word at all. That moment felt a whole lot like fantasy to me."

"Losing you is frightening. Trusting you not to break me is petrifying."