NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy #1) By J.R. Ward

Blood Kiss - J.R. Ward

I really liked this book, but it could have been better. For starters I felt like I was reading two books at the same time because there were two major plots: a) Paradise & Craeg; b) Butch & Marissa. Had  I known that the former wouldn't effect the story for me in the long term I would have skipped all together instead of just skimming.

Paradise's story was very inspiring. She's been put on a pedestal your entire life and the only way she found to escape all that was to get into the training program of the BDB. Which apparently was the best decision of her life because she met her mate. Overall, I really liked her as a character.

Craeg was a nice guy, but just a mere commoner. Which to him was a problem after he found out who she actually was. I still think that he put too many obstacles for the relationship. I did start getting annoying by the last 75% of the book.

In the end all was well and I really enjoyed the story. My guess as to who will be the star of the next book is Peyton. I can't wait for him to leave his sleeping around tendencies behind.

My Favorite Quotes:

"If working for the king had taught her anything, it was that no matter what class you were in, tragedy didn't discriminate, justice could always be served, and nobody got out of this life alive."

"[...] true love didn't mean effortless, and ever-after wasn't about cruise control. You started with attraction, and then you opened your heart and your soul [...] but all that, which was no small thing, just got you to first base."

"Don't put me on a pedestal. All I'll do is fall from grace."