NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Charming By Dannika Dark

Charming  - Dannika Dark

* I received an eARC from the author in exchange of an honest review.

I enjoyed the story that is Prince's happily ever after, but for some reason I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I wanted more (story wise) and something is telling me that I just didn't get it. I can't really tell you what I wanted more of because even I don't know. Personally I'd prefer this as a quick novella instead of a full length book.

I've had my ups and downs with Prince. At one point I wanted him and Mazy to have a future together, but then he showed his true ancient colors and that creeped me out. After that I didn't really see him in the same light, but this novel did turn that around yet again. We get to see his loyal and caring side. He tries to be the all powerful macho alpha, but his mate really brought him down to earth again.

I LOVED Kat (Katerina). She's kind of one of the guys, in the sense that she eats like one (which I loved) and that she hunts down bad guys (it's considered almost a man only job). She's spunky, says what's on her mind and really respects her sister (I can't say it's mutual though).

The plot line of chasing a mage and all that jazz wasn't really for me. I skimmed a lot of the book during those parts, which I'm not proud of doing because I've loved every book in this series up until this one. Maybe that's what left a sour taste in my mouth.

Favorite Quotes:

"I don't think I've had enough, because I sure as hell need something to anesthetize me from the ignorance that lives within this house."

"Don't think I didn't notice your stomach growling earlier. What do you think lulled me to sleep?"

"I'm better [coordinated] when I'm running full speed. Something about the slow pace of a stroll makes my limbs forget how to function."