NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Two Minutes By Dannika Dark

Two Minutes (Seven) - Dannika Dark, Nicole Poole

* I was provided an eARC of this novel from the author in exchange of an honest review.

This was the story I was waiting for ever since I read Book #1 in this series! I was so excited when it didn't let me down. My expectations for this novel were sky high and what got delivered was up to par. So for that Mrs. Dark I thank you eternally!

Denver (AKA Denny) did have a past. I was expecting it to go dark like Reno's story, but it didn't. I didn't really mind it in the least, I'm just glad to finally know what made his wolf so aggressive. I didn't like the way he treated Maizy at first and did declare myself Team Prince for a few chapters. I loved how he never stopped being her guard dog. Even after he made a point to distance himself from her, deep down he never stopped caring.

Maizy is all grown up and just got back to town. She's sweet, caring and loves cut off jean shorts. I liked her as a whole, but I had a problem with all her impulsive decisions. I read 70% of this book at night in one sitting so I can't say how old she turns out to be, but I'm guessing at least 20. She should have had more of a grip on her actions.

I had a problem with Prince's actions by the end of this novel. I've liked him over the last few novels, but the way he came off to Maizy as a whole was creepy. I don't know how to even describe how I felt while reading the dialogue. He came off so cold hearted that I actually felt sorry for him in a sense, but he did save that day so he isn't a complete lost cause.

As this series is almost coming to an end and almost everyone I care about is already paired up. I'd like for William to get his happily ever after next time. Heck maybe I'd even read Prince's story, where I hope he discovers he actually cares about love and finds out he can't live without it.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Figure out what you want while you're still young - before it's too late and you live your life in a pattern of rinse and repeat."

"[...] but that kind of shit seeps in real deep. There's no prince, there's no fairy tale, there's no perfect man who will sweep  you off your feet and give you a happily ever after. There's just a guy who's good enough."

"Love is more than making sure I'll have a place to live or the finest silks. Love is doing things without being asked. Will you sit on the steps at sunset and talk to me? Will you make me laugh? Will you read to me when I'm not feeling well? will you hold my hand and tell me secrets?"