NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2) By Aly Martinez

Fighting Shadows - Aly Martinez

I was expecting so much from this sequel. I ecstatic that it didn't let me down. This series shows you that even if your down on your luck (be it money wise, family wise, or love in general wise) it can and will get better if you pick yourself up and keep going at it. Flint's story was very inspirational.

In the first book Flint seemed like a laid back, intelligent, and very worldly person. When we meet him again in this book he's broken. He's become a shadow of what he used to be and it takes him meeting Ash to start fighting for his life again.

Ash is the young, weird, silly and all around out going person. Though judging from the way her life is you'd never say those exact words about her personality without talking to her. She breaks Flint's walls and for a few minutes at a time she actually brings the old Flint out.

This was an amazing story with a happily ever after for Flint and Ash. The book does leave off with a bit of a cliffhanger when referring to Quarry. Sad as that may be, I look forward to accompanying Quarry on his way to his happy ending as well.

My Favorite Quotes:

"[...] I fell in love with a girl who changed my life by showing me that even the darkest nights still had stars and it didn't matter one bit that you had to lie in the weeds to see them."

"As far as I was concerned, fairytales were real and love only came once in a lifetime, and I had just used mine on a boy who had already given his to another girl."

"Flint, don't get so caught up on the shadow that you forget the man who casts it. You might not be able to walk, but that's the extent of your disability."

"But you know what? Problems don't need a map. They'll follow you everywhere. You can't hide forever, Flint."