NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Binds (Binds #1) By Rebecca Espinoza

Binds - Rebecca  Espinoza

I love an abused heroine turned strong and fearless, so when I read the synopsis of this book I was sure this was going to make it to my top 10 of best books read this year. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. Don't get me wrong, this was a nice overall book, but something kept me from truly connecting with the characters and the plot.

Ophelia was a nice character. She was hot and cold sometimes and everything came way to easily to her, but I could deal because she's the hero and all that jazz. Other then that she wasn't that riveting to start with. Bad things just loved to happen to her because of a serious spoiler that I will not be giving. When you finally find out the why, EVERYTHING suddenly clicks into place. Too bad I wasn't as invested in the story when the other shoe finally dropped.

On to the love interests: Truth be told, I was fond of either one. Which, considering what happened, is good because both proved to be true jack***s by the end. As surprising as that was I was shouting girl power all the way!

Favorite Quotes:

"He seems to care about my wellbeing and me as a  person, not just as some tool that may be used in the future, but as someone that wants me in his life."

"[Love unrequited] That kind of love doesn't make fools of us, it morphs us into completely different people than the ones we were before. It pulls away our morals; it strips away our ability to reason, all the while dressing us up to think that the outcome will be worth the price."

"You want a hero, right? Someone who will come around and give you everything you've dreamt of, take you and show you the way so you don't have to find it on your own feet [...]? You're looking for those things in the wrong person."