NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Ties That Bind By Pippa Dacosta

Ties That Bind: A Muse Urban Fantasy (The Veil Series Book 5) - Pippa DaCosta

* I was provided an eARC of this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.

"Half bloods don't get happy endings..."

At least that quote only turned out to be half true. Though it was an awesome ride I still didn't like how it all turned out for you know who. It felt like the world got twisted on it's axis and I was the only one still hanging on for dear life after it was over.

Muse finally got her deserved happy ending. With the gang of course, but there may be one or two missing you never know -wink,wink-. In this book Muse finally knew what she was capable of and boy did she show it! Without Akil hovering around she's stronger then she's lead on. I was proud C:

Stefan was Stefan. He's proved yet again that he'd go to the end of the world and back for Muse. I can't really say anything about the role he plays in this final book because I'd be giving away a few huge spoilers. So for the last time: TEAM STEFAN! C:

Akil almost proved me right, then he proved me wrong and even after the story ended (there's an epilogue!! -squee-) he still proved me wrong. It will forever be a mystery to me if that man/demon has a heart and knows how to use it or not.

This was a bitter goodbye. I still wanted Muse to go on the Date with Stefan. I still want to know if what Akil said in the epilogue will eventually happen again. If so, who will save them all then? I still have so many unanswered questions. This feels like I'm saying goodbye to a friend.

My Favorite Quotes:

"The best of friends are the ones who know you're a mass murderer, and they still stick around - with a back-up plan."

"Whatever happens, know that I love you. I've always loved you.

Since you walked into my workshop and blew my world to bits,

(show spoiler)

I hated you, but I loved you too. I love your smile, your laugh, and how I know you'll always try. I love how you'll fight until there's nothing left worth fighting for. You're my hope

Stefan."

(show spoiler)

"I cried for a love recognized only when it was lost. And I cried because, for the first time in what felt like forever, I could hope, from that moment on, that I was truly free."