NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Burnt Devotion (Imdalind #5 By Rebecca Ethington

Burnt Devotion (Imdalind Series Book 5) - Rebecca Ethington

* I was provided an eARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

I hate myself for not loving this book. The story did continue. The character's are evolving. I felt the twists and turns happening, but I just wasn't present for it all.

I went into this thinking I'd get the story from Jos or Ilyan and it ended up being more Wyn and Ryland. I dislike Ryland very much and I don't particularly want to be in Wyn's head. I guess it was my own fault for not coming to terms with what I wanted to happen VS what I was told would happen.

The first half of the book was a big summary of what happened in the last book, except in Wyn and Ryland's point of view. I skimmed those chapters like no one could because I simply don't care or want to know all the pain Ryland suffered or what the loss of someone special is doing to Wyn.

I loved the two chapter's in Jos's point of view and how Jos and Ilyan help and care for each other. The bonus chapter in Ilyan's point of view was AWESOME! I need more of those moments in the actual story and not in the form of a bonus chapter.

The last chapter was what brought me back into the story. I totally wasn't expecting that. It was like a twist within a lie within a twist. Though I can't believe that Sain is that arrogant, but then again he's too secretive for his own good. Now I understand why this book got delayed. Sain did punch a nice big hole in things.

Favorite Quotes:

"Someone had handed me moldy lemonade, but I was definitely going to make the best of it."

"You and I are covered in scars, deep ones and shallow, but each of these scars has healed and created something stronger."

"They make us stronger, but not only on our own; together, too. They are the bonds that have created something amazing."