NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Drowning In The Dark (The Veil #4) By Pippa Dacosta

Drowning In The Dark - Pippa DaCosta

*I was provided an eARC by the author in exchange of an honest review.

I am both satisfied and outraged when the topic of discussion is this book. I got my heart ripped out and handed to me on a silver plater a handful of times. I almost shed a tear for, dare I say it, Akil. This story was one heck of a ride that ended mid fall.

Muse is just as beat up and bruised as ever. She's been rolling with the punches for some time now. When she finally decides that Akil is a lesser evil, when the consequence is her continued suffering, and asks him for help the institute rears it's ugly head and ruins EVERYTHING. The institute is the thorn in everyone hindquarters.

Akil is as secretive as ever when it comes to what's going to happen in the future (because apparently he's had insider information all along). This time around it seems he's found he has feelings. I don't know if he's being truthful or just messing with Muse's/reader's head.

Stefan's finally back to being a more serious version of his original self. I was hoping/praying/dreaming that would happen. I couldn't give up on him. He has his struggle's, but the important thing is that he's back and willing to help. Stefan ♡ Muse!

That ending made me shed a tear. OK, maybe I paused my reading and had a few quiet minutes of ugly cry. The uncertainty of it all was the worse part. If Muse/I knew for sure what actually happened I could find closure, but even that wasn't possible. The last two lines in the last chapter of this book were one heck of a cliffhanger.

Conclusion: I don't appreciate cliffhangers, especially one as heart wrenching and disturbing as this one. I want the next book. Now.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Don't look at me and see a survivor. I'm not human, not any more. If the demon wants, it gets. I have no control. None."

"Give it room to move, let it fester too long, and hate could smother the brightest spark of love."

"He was afraid of me, for me, for those around me. He was my mentor, my guardian, and if need be, my executioner."