NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Bound By Flames (Night Prince #3) By Jeaniene Frost

Bound By Flames - Jeaniene Frost

Painfully neutral are the words I'd use to describe my feelings for this book. How unfortunate because I was looking forward to this releasing. I can say one thing: I LOVE that cover.

Leila is as kick a** as ever. She's actually one of the things I liked about this book. She finds a way to survive torture (for the second time) and defeat the enemy, all the while keeping her boyfriend happy.

Speaking of Dracula....oh I'm sorry Vlad Dracul. He's gotten too domineering and over baring. Leila had to suffer another (third) round of torture because he was trying to protect her in a mansion everyone knew was his and that she was staying there. There was absolutely NO CHANCE, not even 0.1% that the enemy would attack, right? RIGHT?

Also what does Leila's family do for the plot/storyline? My guess: add drama. Other then a few smart remarks from Gretchen there was barely any character development whatsoever. Which was disappointing because I wanted to see if her father would finally understand what happened as a necessity and accept it as a fact of life.

Final thoughts: I will probably end up buying the next book (last?) because of the awesome cover I already envision it having, but I'm not sure I care enough about the character's at this point to actually summon up some reaction to the mild cliffhanger.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Playing dead worked when confronted with an angry grizzly, but Vlad was more like a dragon. You either fought back or you got your ass burned off while you ran away."

"The nine pounds Gretchen had gained must've come from her new brass balls."

"Because love cuts deeper than the sharpest blade, cripples more than shattered bones, and leaves scars that can never fade."