NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Bridges Burned (Going Down in Flames #2) By Chris Cannon

Bridges Burned (Entangled Teen) (Going Down in Flames) - Chris Cannon

*I was provided an eARC in exchange of an honest review.

I really wanted to love this book as much as the first book in this series, but it just didn't happen.

Bryn was very whiney and clingy this time around. I don't understand why it took more than half of the book for her to figure out how to deal and move on with the plot line that was Zaiven. I found myself rolling my eyes every time Zaiven omitted or twisted a truth and she fell into his arms and all was forgiven.

Zaiven was a jacka** and I'd like to think there's a special place reserved for him in Hell. He mislead Bryn and his future wife with an effed up story. When Bryn finally told him and his lady off she still crushed on him. He wasn't giving two effs about her and she was hung up on him.

I loved her Knight Valmont this time around. He was sweet and kind. He even stood up to his crazy grandma when she mistreated Bryn over nothing. I actually want something to happen between them.

I also liked Jaxon as well. He wasn't the warmest person in the world, but he treated Bryn like a person even if he had a problem with her being a hybrid.

I found myself getting worked up every time someone mentioned an arranged marriage between Bryn and Jaxon. I will never understand the reason for arranged marriages or how there are still women living this as a reality. I hope Mrs. Cannon has an epic plot twist when it comes to this plot line.

My Favorite Quotes:

"'Honor and loyalty above all else even if you're miserable' seems to be their motto."

"What she did have was a screw-all-of-you attitude and the ability to roast anyone who pissed her off."

"Only those you love can truly hurt you."