NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Wings Of Hope (The Veil #0.5) By Pippa Dacosta

Wings Of Hope: The Veil Series Prequel - A Muse Urban Fantasy - Pippa DaCosta

* An eARC was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

This prequel was very enlightening. It was a very interesting back story for Muse. It takes place before the first book in the series and it shows her and Akil in a whole new light.

At first it made Akil seem like the protector, but by the end it showed him in his true nature. As much as I wanted to like him, I still can't get over the fact that he's a manipulative bastard. The end result will ALWAYS benefit him. It doesn't matter who gets caught in the cross fire (which is almost always Muse).

It also shows a whole new Muse. This is before she had her thick "human" skin and before she had the courage to stand up to the King Of Greed in the human world. She was a slave in the demon community because she's a half-blood. It's been beaten into her (quite literally) that she's no better then dirt, so why should she be treated with respect?

Conclusion: I can't wait to read Book #3 in this series!

Favorite Quotes:

"One day you will have vengeance, little half blood. You will stand upon a wasteland littered with your dead kin and you will be free".

"This will end. All things end. Perhaps this time, it would end for eternity".

"My icy visage covered a lifetimes worth of degradation. I'd forgotten what it meant to care".