NocturnalPredatorsReviews

Nocturnal Predators Reviews

A blog dedicated to reviewing and promoting the books I love.

Book Review: Dire (Dire Wolves Chronicles #1) By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Dire (The Dire Wolves Chronicles, #1) - Alyssa Rose Ivy

* I received an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

I have a love-hate relationship with this book. I still can't tell you how I finished it and actually wanted to write up a review.

The first 24% of this book didn't capture me. It was actually SO unrealistic that I felt it pushed the fictional romance boundaries, to me. First of all, why would anyone in their right mind decide to "out run" a snowstorm just to avoid being on campus for another 2-3 days? Why would they not call home and say something to someone that they were actually going? Why would they throw common sense out the window and still go through with it? To say the least, after that 24% I stopped reading.

A few weeks passed (and this being an ARC I had agreed to review and create a promo post on release day), and I had received the media kit and was creating my post. It came along with an excerpt and being that I hadn't read the full book I went along and skimmed through it. What I read sounded pretty darn awesome to me. So I went back to the book and skimmed through a chapter or two and found myself actually getting into the story.

You know that feeling when you know something is wrong, but you can't look away? Well that's how I felt reading this book. I disliked both guys in the love triangle and yet I still wanted to know the out come of the story. Maybe it was the creep factor that was coming off this book in waves. I still don't know who to root for and that's what has me most intrigued. The cliffhanger actually did something for this book, which I was NOT expecting.

I will pick up Book #2 just to see what happens next.